• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

problems: automatic fuel cock and idle rpm

lugibor

CB750 New member
Reaction score
hello friends,
i have a cb750c 1981 GHNJ9566.jpg with a couple of problems...

1) when the motorbike is hot, the idle is at 2000/2200 rpm, when it's cold it's at 1000/1100. if i decrease the idle screw, during the first 20 minutes of ride my bike turns off when i'm in trafficated roads.

2) the original ignition coils were the aw82-tri, these were not working so my mechanic put the mp10, it's a problem?

3) watching automatic fuel cock IMG_0483.jpg i saw that one pipe and the connector for it are missing, it's a problem? can be this the problem for the high minimum? if i buy the pipe where i have to attach on the other side?

thanks a lot.
luigi

If you are getting fuel it's working right. There is normally a vent hose on the unit that really does nothing and goes to nothing.

ALL engines idle slower when cold, it's simple physics. You set the idle for hot and leave it alone for cold but dying is an indicator of engine condition likely. You can get a cruise control to artificially bring the cold idle up or keep changing the main idle speed screw.

Back