• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb Rebuild and tunning

You should give it a shot yourself. They really aren't that hard to rebuild. It's the sync'ing and getting the right jets that's the hard part, but it should be pretty straight forward for that elevation unless its modified. I've sync'd my carbs myself 3 times now, and it was a piece of cake the third time.

Thanks but mine are done, this is for some one i work with he asked if i could do his bike (or if i new any one in the area who could) but don't feel comfortable touching some one machine that has been sitting for a while.

They aren't THAT easy, witness all the people who have utter fits with them. Getting the gummed up idles working can tax your sanity, many end up cleaning them more than once to get that. Even worse if they run ethanol laced fuel in your area.

Depends on the carb model you are working on. Early sohc carbs are easy, not much more complicated then small engine carbs. Dohc carbs are a different story, lot more passages and a lot more picky if not completely cleaned. You could consider sending them off to CycleX, they do carb rebuilds also.

Back