• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1982 CB750 Custom First Bike project

Jgaray

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Working on my first project and first CB750 got a couple questions about what I got here.

I removed the luggage/saddle bag rack as well as the vetter fairings and with out the fairings I have no headlight does anybody know if anything was done to the wiring when they put thes vetter fairings on at should I just be able to plug in some stock lighting?
Also wanted to know if anybody has some good examples of some home made side covers the didn't come with both and wanted to look into so ideas for making my own.

CB750 (6).jpg

Removed the engine guard today and the bolt that held engine guard are also bolts that hold the engine mount but the bolts are now too long does anybody know if I am missing something that they would have taken off for the engine guards or do I just need shorter bolts

Removed the engine guard today and the bolt that held engine guard are also bolts that hold the engine mount but the bolts are now too long does anybody know if I am missing something that they would have taken off for the engine guards or do I just need shorter bolts

Well...if it were me...I would measure, then take the bolts to the hardware store and get shorter ones. Bag and label the original ones and store them together with the engine guard for future use. The worst thing that can happen is you have extra bolts laying around at the end if there are indeed spacers or something you can purchase to make up the difference. IDK how much off the bolts are now, but hardware stores are getting savvy with inventory. You just might be able to buy a spacer/collar/metal bushing that takes up the difference....But again, if it were me, I'd get shorter bolts.

As for your electrical situation, how about you post a picture of the wiring that you are questioning. I have a Vetter fairing that I plan to use, and it looked like there involved wire splicing, but it was just to access stock peripherals (head lamp, side blinkers etc) so chances are the wiring should be 1:1. Now with the fairing removed, reconnect the connectors and observe. I am leaving electrical issues last but I also enjoy fixing electrical issues.... do yourself a favor and get a soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, solder, flux and some solder wick...just to have...

This is picture of the plug and all the wiring in the case behind the old light

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 160
None of your bracket/wiring holding box there bolted to the upper fork tubes there is stock, you need a complete headlight assembly and the brackets to bolt it to the fork. The plate above and in front of your gauges is not stock either.

IMG_0536.jpgIMG_0536.jpgIt So the two things in the photo are not stock and I can get rid of them. I've read on here that all that wiring gets housed inside the head lamp housing. Also is there a stock piece to replace that plate or is there just nothing supposed to be there?

Nothing goes in front of the gauge pack.

Yes, the electrics hide in headlight shell. Big mess of wiring shoved up in there.

Go here and join for free and the service manuals for that bike are downloadable for free too. The front of manual shows how the wiring fits inside and many other things like what your OEM parts look like.

http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&redirect=viewtopic&t=301

Also, you can see the fitment of parts by simply googling Honda CB750C and looking at hundreds of bikes.

Back