• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

FZR 600 monoshock swingarm on 750F - need measurements

Aubreymason

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am building a SOHC retromod and looking to put a FZR 600 rear (swingarm, wheel, brakes) on a 78 750F...

If anyone has already done this mod I would greatly appreciate your input - and the measurements you used to weld the mounting points and tabs to the frame.

Aubrey

Last edited:
The only real way there could be any relevance there at all would be if someone made a kit with all the metal bits already in it, last I heard, not available.

Sounds like to me you will be the test guinea pig there..............on the later DOHC F's they commonly use CBR parts instead.

CBR parts are more expensive than FZR parts..... and part of the reasoning behind my choice.
None the less - someone may have done or worked on this mod but never posted anywhere.... so the question remains - has anyone tried this before?

Besides, the FZR swingarm is a good fit for the 750 for other reasons....
The FZR swingarm is 20 inches long to the CB750F's 19 inches (center of axle adjusting area) so no changes in suspension (provided I measure correctly where I weld the tabs for the shock)
And
When the swingarm is installed (requires machined spacers to utilize the FZR swingarm bearings and the stock swingarm bolt) it lines up perfectly with the drive sprocket...

Back