• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tires

JordanE1

CB750 Member
Reaction score
First off, I can use regular tubed tires with a tube on my bike, correct? I have seen a bunch of conflicting answers on this!

Second, what tires do you guys run? What do you like/ dislike? Any I should definitely stay away from or what are the best bang for your buck tires?

I know this kind of thing can get heated, so lets not turn it into a debate, just let me know your experiences.

Thanks!

Well, if the bike CAME with tubed tires of course that would not be an issue, but you need to say.

Other than that you actually can go either way but there will likely be caveats. BTDT.

Well, if the bike CAME with tubed tires of course that would not be an issue, but you need to say.

Other than that you actually can go either way but there will likely be caveats. BTDT.

Yes, the bike did come tubed. I have not been able to find a definitive answer to this anywhere. I have been searching for tires online and I haven't been able to find many tubeless tires at all.

First off, I can use regular tubed tires with a tube on my bike, correct? I have seen a bunch of conflicting answers on this!

Second, what tires do you guys run? What do you like/ dislike? Any I should definitely stay away from or what are the best bang for your buck tires?

I know this kind of thing can get heated, so lets not turn it into a debate, just let me know your experiences.

Thanks!

I just realized my mistake! I meant TUBELESS tires with tubes. Sorry

Easily done but the big engines these have can slip a tubeless tire on the rim from compression braking to tear the tube stem off. Because tubeless tires need the rim bead lock ability that the tube type wheel doesn't have. You MUST run rim locks to get around that issue. Meaning drilling a hole or two in the wheel rim for the lock stud(s).

As well, you need to carefully watch the bead location as the tire is first aired up to make sure the tire is going up with the sidewall evenly spaced on both sides. Commonly tires will have some sort of line molded in the side out by the bead to be able to check that. You basically partially air the tire up and bang the wheel down to adjust the bead where you need to, then air it up the full amount once aligned.

Been running tubeless tire with a tube for years on a 550, shed the tube twice in a month until I figured that rim lock thing out, then bulletproof after. I've run tube type tires with tube on tubeless mags for years too.

Easily done but the big engines these have can slip a tubeless tire on the rim from compression braking to tear the tube stem off. Because tubeless tires need the rim bead lock ability that the tube type wheel doesn't have. You MUST run rim locks to get around that issue. Meaning drilling a hole or two in the wheel rim for the lock stud(s).

As well, you need to carefully watch the bead location as the tire is first aired up to make sure the tire is going up with the sidewall evenly spaced on both sides. Commonly tires will have some sort of line molded in the side out by the bead to be able to check that. You basically partially air the tire up and bang the wheel down to adjust the bead where you need to, then air it up the full amount once aligned.

Been running tubeless tire with a tube for years on a 550, shed the tube twice in a month until I figured that rim lock thing out, then bulletproof after. I've run tube type tires with tube on tubeless mags for years too.

Thank you! I had never heard of rim locks before. Doesn't that throw your tires balance way off though?

Not if you use two opposing each other, the CB550F has been at over 100 mph and more than once and the tires not balanced at all. No issues. A pain getting them in but once done it's fine.

Back