• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 750k horn

JordanE1

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My bike has three wires right near the horn that someone apparently added on. Two are always hot and the other never is, and it doesn't appear to be a ground. I cant find any info on these going bad, so I am assuming the previous owner messed something up! What color is the wire that powers the horn? If my switch is bad is there a way to replace it? Or would I be better off just adding a switch somewhere?

Thanks!

Jordan

Edit: I found the issue. I didn't realize the switch grounds the horn. Sorry, I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to electrical work!

Last edited:
At least you admitted it and that's a plus for you. Most of today's people cannot go there and why they are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over. If you cannot look at yourself for error you got no business working on things.

Horns like some other things, power can run through switch then the object to ground, or flip the circuit backwards to have power go to object then switch which then becomes the ground itself. Lots of other circuits flipflop like that, the car companies do it left and right.

Back