• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 CB750k Tail Light

JordanE1

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I got the bike off the road and almost have it all together now, just two issues, both electrical. I bought new bulbs for the tail light and they don't work! I checked the socket with a test light and there is power to the bulbs! What am I missing? I tried bulbs I had laying around and two brand new packs. The other issue is the horn, but I didn't even look at it yet.

Attachments

• WP_20170403_17_39_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170403_17_39_29_Pro.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 171
  • WP_20170403_17_39_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170403_17_39_58_Pro.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 162
I tried putting the turn signal bulb in there and it didn't work either though... It is the correct bulb. I'll put a meter in there and check what the voltage is though

Sure you have the correct bulbs there? A REAR turn signal bulb absolutely does NOT fit in a taillight socket, one bulb has one pin on the end and the other has two.

Don't hate...............embrace. Then they become your friend instead. #1157 is indeed the bulb to use there.

Like post #6, if it happens again he STILL won't know how to fix it.

Myself, I can't live like that, luck and chance will be long gone when you get stuck broke down in the desert with only your wits to get you out alive.

Oh, I may hate, but I know my way around. My dad hated plumbing but knew our pipes inside and out.
My first car was a 71' Pinto, so I am well aquatinted with luck running out vs. having an idea where to look when it all turns to shit.

I had an '80 Pinto wagon, it was absolutely reliable. I DID circumvent a lot of the pollution control on it though.

My problem is I hate work of any type, but I hate giving up way too much money to get a thing done wrong even worse. Why I do everything on the house and cars and bikes 100% myself, I pay for virtually nothing and never have. I absolutely refuse to let anyone touch my late model cars but my self-training in electronic engine control has worked out very well. Even automatic trans repair has come easy. I walk away from new car warranties in a second.

Life is good.

Man, I see no difference in the older and newer other than you may have to think a bit more.......doing that, electronic engine control becomes like the girl next door, you just wanna hug her close..............

Back