• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My CB750k5

Jarrett_Honda

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My baby finally arrived after two weeks of traveling across the country. Now that she is here I will start my checks before riding on the road.

I plan to keep it in original condition.

I alrrady found some things that need to be taken care of.

Crackes muffler, turn signals don't work as they should, bike won't stay running at idle, etc. I'm sure I'll find more as I look the bike over this week and next.

I'm in not rush to get riding since I have to pay $300+ in taxes and fees just to get my plates.
e11053672bc7f3f6f4f9d234f280b91d.jpg
5eac2f3ea9622f7d91f7dc1fb2a02481.jpg

Attachments

• e11053672bc7f3f6f4f9d234f280b91d.jpg
    e11053672bc7f3f6f4f9d234f280b91d.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 11
Looks clean, I love it when people keep them original. This is a good one to keep the way it is other then getting it running right.

Thanks everyone. When the bike was being offload from the truck it did turn heads. I just got it today and people were already wanting to buy it.

I could tell a tale of a pristine candy apple blue with white panels '69 Z-28 302 Cowl Induction Camaro with 11K miles that we got back in 1985 for $3000 and sold it to a Dallas GM dealer one week later for $10,000.................................the first OEM hi-perf car to ever convince me that when we were 'tuning them up' at our drag shop we were actually doing exactly the opposite. Before that car I had no respect for factory muscle at all. We were utterly smothered with offers for it.

Boss 302 Mustang being the second, just like these SOHC Honda, rarely there comes along a machine that just flips everything known upside down to make you question it all............

Beautiful bike! Gotta keep that one original. I doubt you'll find new mufflers for it, pretty hard to come by. Did you adjust the idle screw?

Beautiful bike! Gotta keep that one original. I doubt you'll find new mufflers for it, pretty hard to come by. Did you adjust the idle screw?
Im going to take the exhaust to a local welding shop to see if they can patch it up. It isn't in a noticeable spot. I'm hoping the chromeplating don't cause problems.

I haven't tried adjustments yet. I'm coming off of the CL350 with its CV carbs. I will have read upon these slide carbs before I touch them too much.

I do have the jets soaking in carb cleaner. Some were clogged.

Im going to take the exhaust to a local welding shop to see if they can patch it up. It isn't in a noticeable spot. I'm hoping the chromeplating don't cause problems.

I haven't tried adjustments yet. I'm coming off of the CL350 with its CV carbs. I will have read upon these slide carbs before I touch them too much.

I do have the jets soaking in carb cleaner. Some were clogged.
Hi Jarret
I have the same issue with my exhaust , curious to see the results of the welding

Hi Jarret, Here are the pipes after surgery. it is what it is, but It's better to cut off your hand than wait and have to cut off your arm. and the good thing everything is under the bike so you see nothing unless you go under. I should be fine for another 10 years.

Attachments

• POT CB.jpg
    POT CB.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 28
Back