• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Guy to this site

joe p

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Started riding Hondas at 12, started work at a Honda shop at 16, that was 1969. Like a kid in a candy store. I set up and test rode hundreds of CB750s before I could afford my own at 19. I drag raced one for about twenty years before I moved on to a Kawasaki drag bike and a 1976LTD900 street bike. But I never lost my love for CB 750 SOHC Honda. I have 3 1973 junkers sitting in the garage I think it's about time to build me a nice one for the street. It sure is great, having this site!

Joe P

Last edited:
Hey Joe, nice intro. Welcome to the site! It sure sounds like you have some history with the CB750s! Get one of those 73s back on the road! :bike:

If I was closer Id take one of those 73 off your hands :D

Well, they are pretty much junk. I'm hoping to build one bike out of the three. But I need to go down to Texas and get my old drag bike back from my brother-in-law. I'm thinking about restoring it back to its heyday. Sam Wills built the front end and back-halved it.

Scan0013.jpg My old drag bike.

Yeah you need to get that back! Tell a little about the motor. Those webers I see on there or del ortos?

There is a lot of money in that motor, the parts alone now days are worth some money. If you get it back we need pictures!

Oh so the one you are talking about restoring doesnt have a motor?

Thanks, I loved that 1970 CB750. I wanted to build one just like it, but after checking out the damage to my trans on my drag bike I will be lucky to get it fixed for next year.:(

Last edited:
Back