• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

K series wheel on a F series

cmills83

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I did a search. For the most part I just found people with cb750k's swapping the rear disc brake from the f's onto their bike which makes sense. I just picked up a 1975 cb750f rolling frame and motor but they had swapped a k series drum brake onto the back. I have the rear brake linkage, pedal and a bracket that looks like it will bolt to the frame. But does anyone have information on what else I am going to need to make this work? Spacers, how to mount the pedal bracket to the frame etc.

The '75 f series rear disc brake seems to be a bit too pricey for me so I'm hoping to make it work with the drum rear brake.

Yeah and it looks like about 400 for the wheel, disc and slave/reservoir. Since I have the drum rear wheel, linkage and pedal I was hoping to find some info about making this work on the F series frame.

I'm converting my 750k to a 750f also but 1980s. You can get rid of basically all your drum and cable components, what info exactly you wanting, like parts list or install instructions? 400 as in $400 for wheel disk and slave? I'm also swapping the swing arm because the f series has the mounting bracket for the rear caliper. As far as width so far look to be the same.

Im doing the opposite, swapping a 750f to a 750k in the rear. I am just looking if anyone has added the pedal to the frame or if there was anything else that would make this a not so straight foward swap.

Gotcha dunno if this will help, here is mine with drum still attached what you don't see in the picture is the rebound spring for the brake lever that attaches behind the rear peg plate. Other than that should be pretty simple going disk to drum has much less components

b6bbdb2b771d739663b25ed54297b2ea.jpg

Back