• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

spark

easydawg97

CB750 Member
Reaction score
i have a 79 Honda cb750k when i try to start bike only get spark on 2 and 3 should i replace the harness have replaced coils and cdi

Last edited:
Last time you said the wires were right and you were going to check them anyway. And that you had spark on 2 and 4.

You are still just as lost now as back then.

It's still as impossible to have spark on only one half of a waste spark system as it was back then.

You do NOT understand, You cannot get spark on 1 and not have it on 4, just like you cannot have spark on 2 and not have it on 3. The secondary ground path for spark has to go through BOTH or you have no spark at all in BOTH. If you don't have 1 you won't have 4 and if you don't have 2 you won't have 3 and backwards the same way.

Now, you can foul one of the plugs out of the pairs each and then one would seem to spark while the other didn't but that is a plug issue. All the other replacing in the world won't fix that. New plugs and if bike messed up enough to foul them in only a minute then you will be right there again in short order. You were told a while back to get compression readings, that being bad could make you have fits like this. As could serious carb issues to flood the crap out of the engine over and over. Not being able to recognize that would be an operator skills issue. Like trying to run a battery that is low enough in power to again foul the plugs, then we blame coils and other parts.

You are looking at your problem in so simplistic a fashion as to never be able to solve it. I mean, like, look at your post, it literally says 'my bike doesn't work-fix it for me'. I then asked questions previously anyway and the answers back were worthless or non-existent.

You gotta do better than that, we can help you with what might be wrong but we cannot understand it for you.

FYI, there is NO CDI on these.

i had no spark or very very weak. i cleaned all of the wires going to the coils and everywhere else. i now have spark. take off the coils and clean those brass connections well and the ground where the mounting bolts go. good luck.

Back