• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Throttle assembly issues.

Jrowley1986

CB750 Member
Reaction score
The throttle assembly that came with my basket case CB is thrashed, i ordered a new one from dimecitycycles but the throttle cables arnt compatable, anyone know either A. where can i get compatable throttle cables that will work with the carbs. Or B. a throttle assembly that will work with the stock throttle cables. Thanx in advance for your time.

IMG_1767.jpgIMG_1768.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_1770.jpg

hope these pics help some what. Its a 76...stock carbs...even some help on a direction to go with this would be awesome. thanx guys

Those cables are not meant for that throttle assembly. I would say either find a good used stock throttle assembly or I use this throttle from Cycle x http://www.cyclexchange.net/index pics/blk throttle.JPG. I dont deal with Dime city so I dont know what they offer. Maybe check with them and see if they have the cables that are appropriate for their throttle? I would think if they sell that throttle for the 750 then they would have cables that would fit.

Looks like you've got the dirtbike style throttle control. I was able to just order a new replacement sleeve from them when I worked on my bike. I checked both dime city and cycle x and both carry the same unit for double control cables.
Dimecity has it in chrome and cyclex has chrome or black.
blk%20throttle.jpg

the correct throttle housing required is the same one basically from 1969 into the twin cams. ALL the Honda dual cable throttle housings ALL models will fit it. 77-78 use external wiring, so those are the easiest to work with. 450s, 500s, 650s, 750s, GL1000, if its a dual cable Honda Housing it will fit. The issue is the starter button. Your 76 needs a dual action push button switch, era 75-78. You can use the pre 75 with some rework, those use a grounding circuit, the later ones use a completion circuit, while at rest completing the headlight circuit. SO any dual cable 75-78 or 79 goldwing will work.

yes this one works well, this is the one I use.

Glad to hear, I ordered this one last week for my CB750K3. I'm kinda overhauling her a bit and have been toying with starting my own build thread to get pointers and tips from the rest of this community since this is my first bike, and am attempting all the maintenance and work my self.

Back