• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Air box to carb boots availability for 1984 CB750 Interceptor - suggestion welcome.

lockeed

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time in finding these 2 boots linking the air box to the carburetor here in north america.

I found one online store in Europe who seems to have them.

Any suggestions on a store closer to us?

Thanks
tube-r-air-c-conn_medium17253MJ1300-01_ac7f.jpg

You've picked the US spec years when Harley filed lawsuits against Japanese bikes to force the engine sizes down. They were accused of bike dumping.

That bike here was only 700 cc. Check out the part there for a CB700SC Nighthawk, pretty much the only inline 4 at that size sold that year. Thinking the part is the same, same engine in Europe was enlarged to a 750.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1984/CB700SC+A/AIR+CLEANER/parts.html

part #7.

May have trouble finding the part, that bike pretty short lived here and not a lot of them.

Yup, thanks for the heads up - I did realize this last year when I bought the bike, I wasn't aware the US version was downsized to 700cc at that point.

But I looked at a lot of stores and can't seem to find it in stock in North America. I was able to find one place in Europe though. I guess I'll just order it there.

Might try David Silver Spares in England, they can get lots of older OEM Honda parts. Lots of guys here go there now for early DOHC parts you can't get here.

Thanks for the link - I saw those but they basically look like mines. They shrink over time and the portion going over the carbs get all twisted and just don't want to sit right. I was looking for new ones.

I got them from www.cmsnl.com last night. Should get them next week and the price + shipping wasn't bad at all. About 85$ cad shipped.

The air boxes and carb boots are fighting me on all my bikes! I had to order new ones for the K7, the 82 Nighthawk and now the 84 Nighthawk! I would rather have both hand in dirty oil all day than fiddle and swear on an air box or boot that doesn't want to sit right!

Back