• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750KZ Tail End Question

BravoFox

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been looking for a while for a Japanese four, and although the hunt is not over yet, my heart goes towards two Honda models : CB750K7 or CBK750.
Although i must admit I'm unwilling to toss 10k into an earlier version, I really like the late seventies looks of those two...

Anyway, here is my question, CBK-specific :
I have noticed that CBKs come with a cowl seat, tail light integrated rear end, or a more "classic" chrome fender mounted taillight and "regular" saddle.
It seems to be either tail end, no matter the year.

Would that be US vs Euro model ?
Any other possibility?

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter... I'd really like to find a "classic" taillight version...

Attachments

• motocykl-honda-cb-750-k-vse-original-nov-107626.jpg
    motocykl-honda-cb-750-k-vse-original-nov-107626.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Honda CB750KZ 78  3.jpg
    Honda CB750KZ 78 3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 165
I haven't seen that before.
I kind of like the "classic" one better but that integrated one is striking.
It may be euro because the US has different lighting requirements.

Last edited:
I'm slowly coming to the same conclusion, US vs EUR, as I couldn't find a CBK for sale here with the (much better looking in my opinion) classic tail. Whether spoke wheels or Comstars, they all seem to bear the "F1-like" cowl seat and tail...

No issue with that. I really wanted to determine why there were two defferent models, and if I could find a CBK with a classic tail in France. If it's a US-only model, it just means that I should grab the first decent CBK I can find and not wait for a "classic" one to pop up in the classified !

Look up the difference in a CB750K and a CB750L, or 'Limited Edition 10th Anniversary', a '79 K with Comstars and the old school tail light and thinking only marketed in the US maybe. It also has special side cover badges on it. US Ks got spoked wheels mainly. I have seen the integrated rear here on a few before, the parts could be ordered out of the parts book.

4467348-1979-honda-cb750l-std_zpsffuqka7y.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Honda-...gnz%2F2B6N%2F69wwX8TI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thinking they restyled the next year to become the CB750C or Custom.

Last edited:
The Anniversary Edition has been sold in the US with the "classic tail", and in Europe with the cowl seat. Just like the regular CBK model.
The Custom version is just a specific "low rider", factory HD-clone very fashionable in 80/82 (except in the US probably !)... Every Japanese brand had a Custom version of its roadsters back then.

Back