• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hole in Crank; Worth my time?

advcomrade

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm in love with the old cb's, and am looking to pick one up on the cheap side to fix up over this winter! Found this girl in town, with a freshly snapped chain, and a nice hole in the case. I've seen plenty of posts by people with "cracked" cases, where people call for a quick weld or even a soup can :laugh:! But this seems to be a step further. Is this even worth giving a try?

Thanks!

part0-1.jpgpart0.jpg

It could be welded but in the long run you would be better with a new set of cases. The more welding they need to do the worse the warping will be. I have a set that has been welded and it is warped more then I want so its just a mock up case for when I build frames. Cases are pretty easy to find and fairly cheap so to me its not worth the money to have a welder do the work then have it machined flat. Nice to see some other members and cb lovers that are close to my neck of the woods.

case halves are matched, you cant put a top case on a different bottom case. They are machined as pairs from the factory.

Back