• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Trying To Figure out my bike

pozik3085

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I recently just bought a 1976 CB750 off of my uncle. My understanding is its a CB750k? how can i tell which it is? Looking to get as much info as possible on the bike. Thank You! 20160923_145916.jpg

Last edited:
jesus christ man, read some of the threads on here, everything your asking has been asked a million times.

Maybe try the search function too

We are all here to help each other. A lot of info and help here and hopefully some good conversation. The kind of language from the last two posters is not necessary and will not be tolerated. Please clean it up guys.

I have a tendency sometimes to do the same. It gets really old when people who could take more self interest in themselves by lifting a finger to go looking around a bit on the net seem to demand to be lead and dressed like little children. They want their own personal slaves and not getting that right off the bat to get instantly upset is a mark of that.

Since this posting itself is likely to be deemed bad too I apologize to all for it ahead of time but in cases like just mentioned I now keep my mouth shut. Or try to any way. Sometimes I'm not so good at it. When the info is available in a million places and they come across as too demanding I prefer to let them stay that way.

There's way more than one way to stay polite.

'We are all here to help each other.'

100% correct but I would add 'by choice' to that. Since payment has never been mentioned. Nobody chooses to help someone who instantly flies off the handle if you don't.

I guess it all comes down to whether one wants to be a 1st grade teacher or a 12th grade one.

Going silent once again on the subject.............

You should download all the manuals you can find on this bike, and then sit down and read them. You will be surprised how much you'll learn!

That is the best piece of advice you will ever receive on these forums.

You're welcome

Actually, that should be done with any vehicle you ever buy..................I have OEM service manuals on so many I cannot count. Forget so-called experts, go right to the gods of invention there.

Many of mechanics and aftermarket companies have found better and more useful ways of doing things then the factories ever thought of. OEM manuals are the best for basics and specs but the the oem companies are by no means the only experts. Do it your selfers and the general population have done many things the oems have never dreamed of were possible.

I will be the first to 100% agree with that being I have 'butchered' so many things on bikes and cars to have them in no way be called OEM any longer. Can't count actually.

The early DOHC specs for valve clearances are a perfect 'stick it in your eye' example of wrong headed there. The torque spec for the cam caps are more of the same-WRONG. And cam clearances in the caps going from 3 on the outer to 5 then to 8 on the inner? What could they possibly have been thinking there? That's just all around goofy.

The main reason though I push the OEMs is that at least in the not so distant past many also added detail to explanation of how things actually worked to vastly improve rookie knowledge if you are one to 'pick up the books'. Now though, the reduction in overall worker pay and the necessary dropping of so many A mechanics that began in the '90s to now rely on mainly B's and C's to increase shop profits has turned the service manuals into nothing more than glorified flow charts with steps by the thousands, they simply tell you change the part or go to the next step and worker still has not a clue as to WHY at all. If you can't figure out exactly what is happening in the flowchart you are lost. With all the thousands of pages of multiple step flows they have no more room for the explanations any longer and it doesn't matter to them anyway as that only makes the employee smarter as in smart enough now to know he needs a raise and getting screwed there.

Making many service manuals now virtually worthless, or like the '12 Nissan one I just got, you have to search forever through flowchart bullsh-t to then find the 5 pages out of every hundred you actually need. I'm surprised the modern attention deficient worker is not snoozing by the time he finds his flowchart. Me, I don't care, I can cut through the crap there like lightning to find what I need lickety-split.

Just like everywhere else in this great land we are looking at the total dumbing down of the working class even further to be able to get a JOB..............as if a minimum wage 'world class' job is going to do you any good at all.

Luckily most of us here are still working on early bikes and those manuals are MUCH better.................

Last edited:
Back