• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Chain conversion

K2750tracy

K2750tracy
Reaction score
I need to replace the chain and sprokets on my 79 750f. Ive been told to convert to the 530 instead of the 630 less noise ,drag and better proformance. Any thoughts on this!

i just pick up a 630 chain on ebay for $55 new can beat that
i was thinking for doing the 530 convert myself but didn't have the cash

The 530 does weigh less and will drag less. To do things "correct" you should change the sprockets at the same time as the chain anyway. If you have to change sprockets you might as well do the conversion. Get a good quality chain and sprocket set, they are built more precise and will last longer. Do you really want to trust your life to a cheap chain made in China? No offense to you cafeken because I have bought the cheap chain off of ebay too when money was short. The thing I noticed was the initial chain stretch is terrible and soon the links start to bind. It will get you by till you can get a better quality chain. I like RK brand chain, and if you have the room I really like sealed o-ring or x-ring chains. They are more expensive but last longer. Just my thoughts.

Got a 750f with k rear end set up drum brake what would be a good chain sprocket combo chain that's on there now is toast

Back