• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 cb 750k

easydawg97

CB750 Member
Reaction score
my Honda is only firing on the 2 and 4 cyclinder. I have replaced coil ,cdi and still it nothing what else can I do.

Compression test, you may be wasting time and money. The valves not being adjusted (most never do it) burns valves and then nothing fixes it.

Bike does NOT have CDI. Simple transistorized ignition.

Compression test, you may be wasting time and money. The valves not being adjusted (most never do it) burns valves and then nothing fixes it.

Bike does NOT have CDI. Simple transistorized ignition.

not getting spark to those cyclinders

Cylinders 1 & 4 as well as 2 & 3 fire together in pairs, if you don't have cylinder 2 then you pretty much don't have 3 either, and the same with 4 and 1. Waste spark ignition system. Pretty much anything wrong with one half of a pair there and the other half doesn't work either as the completed plug grounded circuit requires BOTH plugs of a pair to fire to work right, one doesn't fire then the other severely hampered at best.

Sure you got plug wires on right? You could have a couple wires mixed up and only one coil or whatever bad.

Plugs gapped at what? What did you change in 'cdi'?

You still have everything under the left hand side cover.

Back