• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rookie 1978 cb750 owner!

Wiseguy_E

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1978 cb750 off of Craigslist for a great price. Although it isn't running it doesn't seem like it needs too much work to get her running. The guy I bought it from said it needs some electrical work done. I'm a complete rookie/novice when It comes to bikes and working on them. So my question/ advice I seek is, how or where should I start to get my bike running. I am sure I am going to have to take it in to a shop to get work done but I would really love to get my own hands dirty and get some work done on her myself. What tools would be good to purchase to do some routine work on her? (Change breaks out, change all the oil, clean carbs,etc) Any advice on how to start, what to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !! Looking to get some help from you vets.

The first Thing I would do voluntarily would be replace the original wiring harness - available online for about $100.
I say "voluntarily" because I almost burned mine to the ground putting in a fresh battery thanks to split insulation and bare wire grounding out on the frame. Not only fried the wiring the whole way up through but had to replace the voltage regulator/rectifiers.

Vintage750.com is a great online source for parts.

Back