• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

73' CB750 Wheel removal

ulsterskot

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I recently bought a 73' cb750 and need to put a new tire on the front. The dealership said they don't or won't work on anything that old. I want to take the front rim off my self but can't find any youtube or forums for rim removal. Can anyone help with this?

First need to support the bike somehow so the front wheel is off the ground. You need to take the philips head screw out by the speedo cable and pull the cable out of the drive on the wheel. Take the 4 nuts and washers off the bottom of the forks and the caps should pop off and the wheel will fall out of the fork. The rotor may hang up in the brake caliper but wiggle it a bit and it should come right out. Its not a hard thing to do. You will have to see if the shop needs the axle removed or not. If they do just take a wrench on the hex side of the axle and stick a screwdriver through the holes in the other end and unscrew the end then pull the axle out. The speedo drive will also come off at this point.

Thank you! I will give it a try in the morning. Wonder why they said they don't like to touch early bikes? Anyhow, thanks again for the reply, any quick suggestion on propping the bike up for support?

Get it up on the center stand then I like to block up under the engine on the exhaust with some wood blocks or something. Bike shops just dont want to take a chance on stuff being stuck on the older bikes or damaging something, these bikes are 40 yrs old and they just dont want the liability of something breaking and not having parts.

Thank again dirtdigger. I will learn to work on my bike in time. I'm stoked we have forums like this too help each other out. If you know of anyone who has a lead on cafe seats please let me know.

If you dont have a shop manual I highly recommend getting one. I really like the origninal green factory Honda shop manuals but they are hard to find. Clymers not to bad. If you want the absolute best book for the 750 and are willing to spend some money I highly recommend the book "My CB750 book" by Mark Paris. It is a hardcover book/shop manual with invaluable information. But it is pricey. There are many companies making cafe seats anymore. Do a search on this site, several guys are building cafes on here and you may be able to see whos seat they are using.

282340_4384811790158_1921758569_n.jpg
Here's what my 73' looks like at the moment. Would like to change the seat, possibly have the fenders powder coated black?

If you dont have a shop manual I highly recommend getting one. I really like the origninal green factory Honda shop manuals but they are hard to find. Clymers not to bad. If you want the absolute best book for the 750 and are willing to spend some money I highly recommend the book "My CB750 book" by Mark Paris. It is a hardcover book/shop manual with invaluable information. But it is pricey. There are many companies making cafe seats anymore. Do a search on this site, several guys are building cafes on here and you may be able to see whos seat they are using.

All done, super easy! thanks again dirtdigger!

Back