• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Member New CB

Prostock101

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Just picked up this '71 CB750 with 10k original miles. Got my first ride in yesterday and had a ball. Been many years since I rode one and having never actually owned one so I decided to change that. Think I got a chicken dinner winner.

Anyhoo, one temporary change I'd like to make is a different seat to lower my butt position. I've seen these café style hump seats but they all seem to be from China? Is there a local outfit that has a decent one that can be swapped out easily and doesn't look like crap.

Thanks in advance

20161119_164038_zpsgdzaumd1.jpg

Its a nice looking bike. You could get a cheap oe seat off ebay or such and have a local upholstery shop cut down the foam and make a custom seat cover. It would keep the looks closer to stock, I would hate to see an unsightly cafe anything put onto this bike. People always seam to think these bikes are so high, many times when the bikes came out they put lowering links in the back...today you can get shorter shocks and shorter fork tubes but then you start affecting cornering clearance. My thoughts are if the bike is too tall then the person should be looking or a physically smaller bike. Cut down stock type seat would be the easiest and best looking option in my opinion. But as always it is YOUR bike so do what you want but would hate to see you venture much from stock on this very nice looking 750

Back