• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

High Idle

Kuntryboy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Sooo I have a 81 750c, I rebuilt the carbs and ended up having to replace the fuel rail gaskets/o rings. I put it all back together today. When I started it it was idling around 4000 rpm. (I started it before I replaced the rail o rings and idled around 1000-1500. Not sure what the actual number was, I didn't look. Although it did not sound high). I tried to adjust the throttle/idler screw (the one with the black knob cover) with no avail. After getting frustrated I stopped for the day cause I couldn't get the rpm's down. When I got home I took the air filter cover off and it seemed to bring the rpm's down. Not sure what would cause this. Any tips that would help?....I did replace the fuel lines, air line, and new manifolds/carb boots. Thanks in advance.

When you split the carbs you changed the carbs all being dead even, at least one probably way open, may even be put together wrong. You have to sync the carbs and make sure they are all dead closed at throttle all the way off. After that it's a vacuum leak, or throttle cable not going back to zero.

Would this still be the case if it idles at around 1000 till it gets "warmed" up? After running it for about 5-10 minutes then it shoots up to 4000-4500 RPM.

I am looking for the air joint pipes. Are they just rubber pieces that I can I can buy at Lowes, or something specific. I can't seem to find where to buy them should I need them.

If the parts between carb and engine or carb and an airbox they are Honda engine specific parts. You won't be getting them anywhere but a Honda or Honda copy maker.

Describe them more fully and location, I can think of like 10 'air joint' pipes there. If the small connector tubes between individual carbs you can source automotive vacuum line for them at a parts store.

Yes I was talking about the small connector tubes between each carb. The repair sheets that I have called them air joints. That's why I went with that name.....Thank you again for your wealth of knowledge. I appreciate it.

Back