• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Honda CB 750 K0, K1 ... Frame location in the neck

Augusto

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello Sirs,
Simple little question, the VIN in the neck in the Shop manuals all speak and country appear in the left site.

But, to many frame in Europe, the VIN is located in the right.

Maybe difference depend different country ?
Thank you

Don't see how it matters, the locations generally just call out 'on the frame neck'.

Tag will need to bear out country it was intended for anyway since laws change from country to country.

Could be something there.

I'm no expert on the subject.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply, but I want to understand these rules.
I have 4 frames K0, one is from France, has the number on the left side of the neck and the VIN plate on the tube right side.
Two other frames are from Switzerland, the number on the right side of the neck and VIN plate on the tube right side.
Last frame coming from Italy, right side the frame number and VIN plate left side Neck.
This CB750 I was driving when I was 18, now I'm restoring, and I like to understand how things are exactly.
The frame from Switzerland has 4 sequential frame number differences with the one that comes from Italy.
They entered into the roads with tag, one in March 1970, the other in the month in June 1970 already.
I assume, therefore, that were produced between September and December of 1969.

I just want to understand the history and differences betwen country and county as well as restoring the bike.

That's all, nice day

Please understand that the only way to know what you want 'exactly' would be to have personally been on the Japanese assembly line when they were setting all that in place. There may be further knowledge easily on the subject but like all mass production there will always be questions..................like with cars. There are missing spans of numbers and other questionable things that no one can exactly explain and lots of argument over them. I doubt seriously there is any way at all to tell by county. In short, there may be rules but they will be loose, not cast in concrete.

Back