• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil tank help needed

Army

Armybuild
Reaction score
I bought myself a 1979 cb750k. This is my first bike and am in the process of figuring out everything to get the engine running well before getting it ready for the road.

It appears that the previous owner removed the oil tank and just ran a steel tube to loop the oil. I would like to reinstall a tank or an oip cooler but unsure how to, or maybe I'm just out to lunch and this model did not come with one.

I can't figure out how to post a picture to this thread. If someone can let me know I'll post a picture of the oil line loop.

Thank you. This would explain why it's been driving me crazy trying to find the answer to my question.

Still thinking an oil cooler would be a good idea to keep it cool in traffic.

That far north maybe not but down south 750 needs a cooler. Here in Texas they do anyway. Most use the CB900 parts to do it, the 750 did not come with a cooler. The 900 pan, lines, cooler, and two stage oil pump are used, the 750 only has one stage. The 1100 has an even bigger cooler that drops right into the 900 parts to use too.

The '79-'83 DOHC is all based on same basic engine design and scads of the parts interchange but not all.

Back