• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Is this frame bent/damaged?

Buck

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 74 750 last weekend. I started pulling it apart today and noticed this "odd" spot on the frame near the head tube. It's hard to see in the picture but the tube almost looks crimped. I haven't fully cleaned it or gotten completely apart yet (that's another issue) but I don't see anything else that looks bent or damaged, no rust or cracked welds that I can see. Is this normal or do I need to start shopping for a replacement :doh:

Thanks.

image004.jpg

In all honesty it wont hurt anything. You could put in a kit that makes those two tubes removable. You would have to hut the tube out anyway and weld in the adapters. It makes it so you can work on the top end without having to remove the engine from the frame.

I was looking around at frame repairs and saw the kits that make that section removable. Seems like a more cost effective option than buying another frame.

I suppose the only potential issue may be alignment??

I'm looking at some of the other welding on the head to frame tubes and suspecting there too, I know Honda welds can be very rough but some of that? Rough-rough.

amc49 I was kinda wondering the same thing. I haven't had a good look at another on in person to compare to.... thanks for squashing my hopes and dreams, ha!

Maybe I should just plan on using this one for cutting and welding practice.

Once I get it completely torn down and cleaned up I'll give it a good look over. At this point I think I'll still keep an eye out for a frame that's undamaged/straight.

Back