• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

why i choose to build

bigcity81

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I choose to build a bike that I bought looking like a bag of smashed a$$holes. Taking the time to learn about how to fix something simple or complex, knowing that the bike was built up to look the way I want it to look like not someone else's vision. A pride and passion not a lot of people understand. Its also so nice riding a bike that is unique just to me because I built it. Sorry for the mushy rant but I love my pile o' shit bike lol

Yeah that looks pretty shitty! :wink2: Just like mine! Sometimes I like to start with a rough bike so I'm not chopping up something nice.

Well it was sitting in my wife's friends yard for a number of years not moved so I asked one day after talking it over with the wife "how much for the CB?" he said nothing just take it away I have the keys title and a brand new front tire just get a truck or trailer and get it out of here

I agree building and riding a machine you created is so much more gratifying than purchaceing someone elses creation. The pride alone is worth the effort and it is always more cost effective!

Its pretty rough right now but I didn't pay anything for it so im already ahead I'll do most or all of the work so ill pay myself in CoFfEeEeEe lol

well the rear end is set up a little confusing its been swapped over to drum rear but the brake pedal still uses the disc brake lever bracket. does that seem right for the conversion

Back