• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Presentation! New member!

Tronco

CB750 New Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first time here, and also in the world of classical motorcycle, and also in the world of custom bikes. And also ... it's ok...

I'm Spanish, and I live in Barcelona. Very nice location ;)
I recently bought a CB750F2 of 1983. And I have in mind a personal project. My first project of this type.
And this is obviously transform it into a beautiful road machine.
Even more, yes.

Maybe I will have purists against me. Maybe not. But my idea is to keep the classic style with modern wheels with current proportions. This would mean that I should change wheel size to 17 inches. Perhaps 18 in the front wheel (for legal issues in Spain).

At the rear, some doubts arise me. Anyone know what is the wider tire that can be mounted? I do not want to put a giant one, but I want to know the maximum width in order to decide a nice tire that can get into the swingarm.
For example: a tire with these measures: 160-70 17 can be mounted? (Yeah, that's giant!)

And also I want to know which types of problems can arise when mounting wheels and tires like that.

As presentation, I think that we can leave it for today.
But I have a million doubts and questions to resolve during the project. So I will ask you to solve them :)
And for sure, I will post some photos of the process.

Greetings to all.
Tronco

Back