• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Japanese markings

blocke

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 75 CB750 that the owner said was brought from japan by a service member. I need to know what kind of markings would be on this bike to tell if he is telling the truth. Would the ID tags be in Japanese? Any other way to tell?

It may have a 'city lamp' or same thing as todays' daytime running light in headlight, a lower output separate bulb than night uses. Seems like brakelight housings had some amber plastic in them too. Some type of 'speedlamp' as well, a lamp in gauges that comes on at over 50 mph or something like that. It shows you are going at high speed as a warning.

Late reply, but I have a 71 that was supposedly seized being brought from Japan on a us aircraft back in the day, I has a light in between the gauges on the unicorn and has a decal above the light in Japanese so I can't tell you what it says but very interesting none the less.

Back