• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Lights come on when I press the starter button.

wtcarter4

CB750 New member
Reaction score
As stated above when I press the start button, all the lights on the bike light up but the bike itself won't crank. The starter won't turn over or nothing. It's almost as if you had turned the key to the on position when the button is pressed. What could that be? It's a 1982 cb750k, my first project bike.

Probably going to tell You what You already have been told, If You can read a print fairly well start over beginning at the battery and work Your way completely at all connections color for color, Something is definitely not in order from the schematics. Crossed wires, defective switches, lost grounds, Sorry wiring can be a real pain in the ass without fully understanding it.

Thanks guys. AMC, I've been looking at the wiring diagram and noticed that wires coming from the lights go in the kill switch as well. I'll def check that out. I assume if I were to buy a new handlebar starter/kill switch that might would fix the problem? I'm new when it comes to this stuff.

Back