• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wiring harness help

wtcarter4

CB750 New member
Reaction score
OK so I'm new to the forum and I have also just purchased my first project bike, a 1982 CB750K. I have a question that I cannot seem to find anywhere else on any other forum. I've wired the bike up, I have everything wired up for the most part except the blinkers. When I turn the ignition on, I get no lights displayed on my instrument cluster. However, when I press the starter button, all the lights light up with the exception of the blinkers. What could that possibly be? I've yet to pick through the wires. But I do have wiring diagrams. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this before. All the connections are color coded and matched correctly also. Thanks for any help.

There is quite literally no way to possibly have seen all the ways a person can miswire something, which you have apparently done there...................look close at what you got going on in the starter switch housing, there are a couple of ways it could happen.

I'm going to go through it this next week, I have everything pulled off now. Literally everything is color coded, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Easy to crunch and short wires in those tight switch housings......................older switch assemblies ramp that up like 5000%.

Back