• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My 750 hardtail

I have had pretty good luck with hanging plastic, I also wet the floor with water to settle the dust. Wipe down the air hose too. Its easier spraying bike parts because you can have a smaller "spray booth" less places for dust.

Fender is now on, same paint scheme, nothing fancy. Maybe now my motor wont get so dirty!

Newest pictures of my bike. Added aluminum to rear fender struts. Front fender is on now:thumbsup: I have gotten the bearing support for the offset sprocket fabricated and installed, have some miles on it but will see how it works through the summer if it ever quits raining. I built the support so I could get rid of the jackshaft. Planning on building a lot bigger motor for it sometime in the future and wanted something stronger than the jackshaft. Drag bikes use the bearing support so it should work for me right;)

chopper pics 001.jpgchopper pics 003.jpgchopper pics 002.jpg

Looking good! It matches the CBR. I'd like to see some more pictures of the bearing support. What are your plans for the motor?

My two favorite colors! I will see if I can get some pictures of the bearing support, kinda hard to see the main parts with it assembled. I have always wanted to build a 1000cc but kits used to be hard to find and expensive. Now the kits are available again but are still expensive! I have the rods now, the RC rods. The 836 in it right now does ok but when you hop on my CBR after running the hardtail, the 836 is a pussycat in compairison.

Oh yeah... these modern sport bikes are crazy aren't they? Nothing like any bike from the 70s or 80s. That CBR is a 1000 right?

The CBR is a 2003 954RR. It still hangs in with anything new out on the road, the 954 was a really light bike. It sucks when you can break any speed limit in first gear:D

haha.. yeah when I tell non riders that I can do like 120mph in second gear on my FZ1, they find it hard to believe. Amazing machines. I can't image what they'll be like in another 10-20 years. They'll probably all be outlawed by then.

DSC01426.JPG Just realized I didn't have a picture of the motor in this bike with the Cr carbs and the RC Engineering distributor. Also added a reinforced valve cover...just because lol So here is one!

Last edited:
So 8 years since I have really done or posted anything on this bike. Hadnt had it started in 2 years but got it going for Sturgis and made the cruise last Saturday. Was a hot day and bike was getting warm so got home and decided to change the oil. Have been meaning to switch over to spin on oil filter so got a Cycle X adapter. Also have had some issues with starter clutch slipping with Amsoil so I also ordered up a Cycle x rebuilt starter gear. I may post picks as I do the work or I may forget to take some lol
20230818_203819.jpg

So 8 years since I have really done or posted anything on this bike. Hadnt had it started in 2 years but got it going for Sturgis and made the cruise last Saturday. Was a hot day and bike was getting warm so got home and decided to change the oil. Have been meaning to switch over to spin on oil filter so got a Cycle X adapter. Also have had some issues with starter clutch slipping with Amsoil so I also ordered up a Cycle x rebuilt starter gear. I may post picks as I do the work or I may forget to take some lolView attachment 14125
Please do! I'm still learning about these older bikes and I know nothing about how the starter clutch works.

Did a little bit of looking at RC parts as you suggested. Based on the parts, I got the impression you must own a CR750 or a drag-bike. Then I found this thread where your bike is much easier to see than in your avatar. Normally I think of hard-tails as slow and chilled out. That engine looks like you could crush em' at the drag-strip. You should be proud of such a project. It's really quite impressive.

I'm sorry, my 736cc can't seem to comprehend the words "only" and "970" in the same sentence.
Funny how the engine grew by around 100cc since the beginning of this thread. Would be cool to hear.

Back