• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Headlight Bulb Upside-Down?

mickpark

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a new-to-me '83 CB1000C which came with the OEM fairing installed. I took it off and installed the original headlight but it seems like when I flip on the high beam it lights up my front tire instead of way ahead of me- Looking at the filaments, it looks like when the high beam is switched on, it's the lower filament that lights up. Shouldn't it be the the upper filament?

I've double-checked the orientation of all the headlight parts against the parts fiches so according to those, I have everything lined up right, and the bulb itself has notches that only allow for seating in one spot. You can't flip it 180.

Am I just not adjusting the tilt of the headlight housing properly? Or did the PO give me the incorrect bulb?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

You're refracting through a lens, high becomes low and low becomes high...........................................like your eyeballs work.

Regardless, if light hitting front tire with EITHER beam then the entire headlight assembly is aimed too low, raise it up.

Thanks. This makes total sense and it worked like a charm. I just tilted the housing up a bunch and voila.

Back