• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1972 CB750 Chopper

HOLLzYWOOD

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I recently bought this 1972 CB750 Chopper bored out to a 8: 35 while riding the bike oil comes out of the tank cap there is no dipstick this is a aftermarket tank I was wondering if anybody could tell me why this is happening I change the oil out of the motor and drain the tank and added 3 quarts I have read it takes three and a half to 3.7 quarts but I only put 3 to see if it would still happen and it did any information would be helpful and useful thank you.

oil capacity is going to depend on the size of the oil tank. Is there a vent in the oil tank and or a vapor return line? You have to vent the tank somehow. Cant really check oil level in the tank either without some sort of dipstick. Guessing it is a round type oil tank.

I dont think there is a vent line . There are 3 lines. 1 a small line going to the back of the motor and the other 2 going to the right dack side of the motor. The tank is under the seat and has the battery compartment built into it. When i changed the oil it was almost full with 2 1/2 quarts. The tanks shape is like an octagon. Since there is no vent could it be building to much pressure. Could one of my return lines is collapsing when being riden.

Back