• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tank/side cover wraps

Mule

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with wrapping a tank & side covers vs. doing a custom paint job? Any input, adverse effects, just plain don't do it...?

I have to ask, being the dumbass of the tribe.........................what is a wrap? Decals? Stick-on tape material?

That's a good description, sort of a shrink wrap plastic temp paint job. The plus is you can get really crazy with the graphics, the minus is I've read of how on some cars it can be really hard on plastics etc. My google-fu is inherently weak but I haven't seen much about it used on cycles.

I remember this one quacky guy I knew that had this idea of a business that painted motorcycles, he used bucket paint and then stirred several contrasting colors together only very roughly to begin to merge the paint but still colors not mixed yet. Parts then got dipped in it, or it poured over them. I thought it was a STUPID idea but after he did two of his own I had to admit it didn't look nearly so bad as I thought it would. In fact, many people commented on how wild it looked. I'm sure though the choice of colors might make or break you there.

Back