• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

MotoGadget Motoscope with Indicators to Wiring Harness

chuckt

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am almost done with my custom build and decided to get this awesome looking Motogadget setup. It is the Motoscope mini and the motosign mini. So, I can figure out the wiring, but my question is:

A) Would you cut the existing plug and splice the wires?
B) Is there a way to get a matching plug to make it a clean plugin unit like the stock indicators?

That looks great, the only issue that I think I have is that the wires to the stock plug are 14-16 gauge, and the motogadget look like 24-26. I was able to do the turn signals but ended up soldering the 26 gauge to 16 gauge connectors that then fit the stock. I could easily do the same thing, but would rather run them right into a 9 pin plug that would plug right into the stock plug.

That looks great, the only issue that I think I have is that the wires to the stock plug are 14-16 gauge, and the motogadget look like 24-26. I was able to do the turn signals but ended up soldering the 26 gauge to 16 gauge connectors that then fit the stock. I could easily do the same thing, but would rather run them right into a 9 pin plug that would plug right into the stock plug.

As mentioned in the post that I linked to, you can strip back 1/2" of insulation and fold the copper wire back on itself to double its thickness. You could strip back 3/4" of insulation and "triple up" on the copper if necessary if that's what it took to get the crimp to hold. Multi connector blocks are available that use the spade connectors.

Back