• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

K2 CB750 Exhaust

ricerocket71

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
1. I have a 72 K2 that i am restoring - however the mufflers are rotted, does any one know where i can find reasonable priced replacements - want to stay with 4 into 4.
I found the M-tek Chukyo 1,641.00 us
and Yamiya M066 1,490.00 us (Both are more then i can afford)

2. Has any one used the 4 into 2 and what are your experiences / recommendations.

3. On the Original 4 into 4 (has any one attempted to repair these?)

Not sure at this point which way i am going to go on this one...

Thanks

Last edited:
The key word there being 'reasonable'.

Problem is that everybody assumes you are entering the bike in shows and prices accordingly.

Truly rotted out give up, can't fix that. The head pipes might still be good of course.

A well-designed 4 into 2 could actually run slightly better...................I personally do not waste time with them, it's 4 into 1 or nothing for me.

Keep an eye on ebay, I did a quick search and nothing on there right now but have seen some in the past. If they are not bad I suppose they could be patched but the rot is normally terminal on these pipes as they all did it when the drains got plugged. Pictures of how bad they are would help determine if they are salvageable but highly unlikely.

I really like the look of oem pipes on stock bikes but they are as you found out expensive even for the repops, and the best oem pipes are the HM300 pipes as they had the least restriction(the baffles unbolted and you pulled them out) the repops are HM341 which had a lot more baffling that couldnt be removed and a lot more restrictive. The Hm300 was a popular bolt on performance upgrade...it really did make a difference. I have seen new oem HM300 pipes sell for about $1000 a pipe, good used ones if you can find them are at least half that.

If you are looking for ideas check these out http://www.cyclexchange.net/Honda SOHC High Performance Exhaust Page.htm

Thanks for the update and links. Checked mine and they are beyond repair.

Still undecided on what i am going to do. has anyone have any rating on the Mac 4-Into-2 Turnouts Exhaust Honda CB750K 69-76 found these new for 366.25?

Still looking thanks

Mac pipes are made cheap, buy a decent set and you will have better power and will last longer.

Thanks to all your suggestions and wealth of knowledge, I have decided to go with the cycle exchange 4 into 4. with there flange kit.

post some pictures when you get them, people always say they are doing something then never come back here with any pictures. Would like to see how well they are made and what you think of them.

post some pictures when you get them, people always say they are doing something then never come back here with any pictures. Would like to see how well they are made and what you think of them.
+1 I wouls like to see this exhaust on the machine too.

OK - you asked for it attached are a couple of pictures of the exhaust.
Pipes are stainless Steel and muffler is chromed (both made well) I purchase both the exhaust system and Exhaust flange kit

Just wanted to let you know we had issues installing the exhaust
1.) no installation instructions were included with the the system. (called and they said just use the picture on the web site as a guide)
2.) pipes were not identified as to what cylinder they were made for - which was a hassle in it self
3.) The exhaust pipe and muffler had a 1/4 inch difference in diameter, it came with copper spacers for this but they were either to tight or loose (exhaust leaked for pipe to muffler) . and could not get a good fit. had to pay a machinist make up special stainless sleeves, which were made into a press fit.
Just don't know why they didn't make these to fit with out the spacers.

I do like the look and sound of the system on the bike, if you look close in the picture on of the machined stainless sleeves was made longer to offset the system for a little more custom look. IMG_0386[1].jpgIMG_0385[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mufflers originally intended for bigger motors and they adapt them to smaller pipes, the crap reducers say el cheapo parts. Common to do that with mufflers, then same part fits more applications to save the maker money, not you.

Back