• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hondabond 4 or Hondabond HT

rswilkin

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am torn between which Hondabond to use on sealing the case halves together. My understanding is that Hondabond 4 is more pliable and Hondabond HT is for high temp areas. I have used Permatex Aviation Form a Gasket on another project with good results, but I was going the Hondabond route. Opinions?

I use regular Hondabond on all my motors and never have an issue. You can also use Yamabond and 3bond 1184 both of which are the same thing as Hondabond. I have also use permatex hi tac in the past with good results on the case halves. What ever you do dont use any rtv. The Hondabond is good to put on gaskets also, they tend to come off easier without destroying them. Put a little on the rubber nickles under the cam towers also.

You want the pliable one as said. Thicker and you are messing with your bearing clearances. Some people even cut the regular slightly with solvent to make it slightly thinner. To let cases settle down very firmly against themselves. The cases must not have any flaws though.

Form a Gasket may or may not be a silicone rtv, some are, I'd be careful with that. Fuel and to a lesser degree oil will both undercut the rtv adhesion to let it release into the motor to screw things up.

Back