• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Vacuum Hoses ?

old-drone

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here with a Question, I have this really nice 78 CB750k without Carbs, then i bought a set of Carbs but i can't figure out where all the Vacuum Hoses attach to.Does anybody have some sort of Diabram for these Carb set ups ? Thanks

Where exactly are the vacuum hoses you are talking about?. There really isn't much for vaccum hoses, unless you are seeing the vent tubes?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have one hose coming from the bottom of the Solenoid Valve, one coming from the Carburator next to the Fuel Line and one coming from the Air Filter Box, Where do they connect ? Thanks

OK...did the bike have the solenoid valve or did it come with the carbs? Did you by chance get a carb set from the automatic 750? Any way you could take a picture of your setup? I dont want to guess at what you have and then be totally wrong as to how you need to hook it up.

Hi again, Sorry but i dont have a Digital Camera to take a Picture. I will try and see if i can borrow a Camera, and Yes the Valve and Air Filter Box came with the Carbs. The Person i got these from is moved Oversees and i cant get anybody locally to help me.

I just read they may have smaller intake size, so see if they fit your boots first, before investing in them. I am not sure if that big diapragm thing isnt just an anti stall dashpot assy. I havent seen a set in years honestly. BUT the do sell big on ebay, so you could clean them up, toss in a kit and score the extra cash to get a nice correct set.

Last edited:
those cb750a carbs are not going to work for you the carbs are to small and wont fit your intake boots

pm sent

Yes the diaphragm is an anti stall dash-pot. I would get a different set of not automatic carbs as everyone else said. Looking on ebay you should be able to get enough out of your carbs to buy a decent set of correct carbs. Not worth the hassle to make these work on your application.

Hi, Today i tried to mount the Carbs to the Bike and to my surprise the fit Perfectly but i still have the Problem with the Vacum Hoses, I would not mind keeping the anti stall Device on the Carbs if it could work.

You will loose some power with these carbs they are smaller. The anti stall isn't needed on a standard 750, the automatic 750 needed it to keep the idle up when it was put into gear. I would think it would cause more of a problem on the standard 750, you wouldn't really want the idle to kick up while you are in gear slowing down or coming to a stop. You could run the carbs and just take the anti stall off but again you are still stuck with the detuned carbs.

Hi, i just looked Back on my original Post and realized i made a mistake, it should have read CB 750A instead of K . Sorry about that

Hi, Yes that is what it is, I am totally new to the Multiple Carb Motor Bikes so You wil have to forgive me if i Screw up sometimes , i hope to get this Bike back on the Road again.

No problem. You dont run across the automatics very often so most people dont have questions about them. There should be an electric solenoid. Bottom hose goes to the airbox. Top line is vacuum from the carb but there needs to be a checkvalve in the line. Side vacuum line goes to the dashpot. honda-cb750a-750-hondamatic-1977-usa-carburetor-solenoid-vlv_bighu0052e3221_5f4c.jpg See if this picture makes any sense for what you have.

Hi Dirtdigger and every body else for the help, I just hooked up the hoses like You said and put in some Fuel and pulled the Choke and she Fired right up and runs reasonably well, She wants to stall when i open the Trottle but when warmed up she runs OK, Thanks for the Help.Now i need to get a Synchronizer for the Carbs and i should be rolling in the Spring. lots of Time to Polich her up and lower her a little so i can reach the Ground, maybe some shorter Shocks and do something with the Front end.. Thanks again

Hi, Yes the Air Box is on with a new Fiter but it still wants to stall when cold but is ok when Warmed up. Thanks

Back