• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Vacuum Hoses ?

They are cold blooded to start with. Carb sync definitely won't hurt anything. The automatic carbs have an accelerator pump to take care of a lot of off idle stumble. Check to make sure it is squirting into all the carbs. The diaphragm gets old and cracked and wont give you the shot of fuel.

Hi I know this post is old but I have the same electric solenoid and need to connect up the 3 vacuum lines and 2 electric wires. Questions where do the electric solenoid wires connect to and Im running a pod setup so have enlarged the jets to run better but not sure where to go with the bottom hose since I deleted the airbox. Also what is a dashpot?
Thanks for your help I hope to get her started soon. 1978 Hondamatic CB750A

A dashpot is a slang term for a part that does not allow the throttle to come off all at once, rather it returns in a slower fashion at least at the very last to make it harder for engine to die or for emissions reasons.

On the hondamatic the "dashpot" which is a actually a vacuum motor, is used to bump the engine speed up just a bit when it is dropped in to gear to keep it from stalling with the added load of it being in gear.

Back