• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Is this even drive-able?

Althezenman

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I really want to lower my front suspension and love the way this looks, but it looks like the tire would hit the lower triple tree without much effort. Do you think this was just for the photo op or is this spaced at the minimum level before this would happen? Is it possible to lower this much and still be safe?

Attachments

• honda-cb750-hookie-co.jpg
    honda-cb750-hookie-co.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 187
Some builders do not live in the real world, likely for looks only. Could be an intentionally limited travel setup and it would not handle for crap like that. A looks only thing. Normal front end travel is more than that, a hard panic brake will use twice as much as what you got there. Damped and limited to use only what you got there and it would ride like a rock, you'd feel every bump and your arms would not like that after minutes.

The super big front tire will have heavy gyro action and not want to turn off line at speed either. If the rear hoop under the rear ducktail joins both sides of frame rails in back then the rear tire will strike hoop before full travel too.

Ain't no way anybody driving that thing fast at all except on dead level super smooth highway. At least if he's smart.

Look at all the choppers that are built with no possible realistic using of them. For looks only.

Sure, it's ride-able but so is a shopping cart. You got to ask yourself "What is my goal?".

Do you want a bike that looks pretty in pictures or takes you reliably to work every day. A bike that you'll occasionally take out on short rides or maybe a bike that's comfy for long rides.

PS I'm serious about the shopping cart.

Capture.JPG

Back