• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Questions for the experts

whyamihere

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to Cb750's and new to the forum. I came across a frame, engine and some parts and i needed some advise. I really like cafe racers style bikes but I'm not sure if i should use what i have to build a cafe bike or a stock bike. The frame number is 1005647 and the engine number is 1005527.

Attachments

• SD caed galaxy 1373.jpg
    SD caed galaxy 1373.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 113
  • SD caed galaxy 1368.jpg
    SD caed galaxy 1368.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 121
That is a very early sandcast bike and motor and carbs. Very desireable and worth a lot of money to guys that restore them. You could sell the parts to the right sandcast guy and be able to afford several different bikes from the money you make. They go nuts for original sandcast stuff. It would be a shame to cut that bike up. But if that is all you have..no oem body work, tank, exhaust etc it will cost you a fortune to build it back to stock. I would get on a sandcast forum and see if someone want to buy it, you would get some good money for it. Take the money and buy another 750 that isn't so rare. But after saying all this it is your bike and you are free to do with it as you please.

That thing is so naked you could build a doghouse from it if you wanted.

The point is, build what you want to build. "Cafe" is mostly cosmetic except for the different handle bars. I personally don't like them but many people do so it shouldn't be too hard finding parts or examples to get ideas from.

Edit: DD posted while I was afk in middle of my post, awesome info there.

Prices change so much and it depends on if you have something they need. http://www.cb750sandcastonly.com/ I would contact these guys tell them what you got and see if they need or know of anyone needs your stuff, maybe they can point you in a direction.

Back