• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Chain and sprockets for 91 Nighthawk 750

Boritch

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post from a newb. Thanks in advance.

My first motorcycle was a 91 Nighthawk 750, this was 15 years ago. Got the nod from Momma recently to get another bike and was drawn once again to the Nighthawk after riding cruisers for the last 15 years.

I picked up another 91 ($1500) last night with the intentions of using it as a donor for a dual sport electric bike. This Nighthawk is really minty clean and stock, would be a shame to chop it up. I think I will ride it for at least a season and enjoy it before I consider a project.

It needs a new chain and sprockets. I wanted to solicit advise here for the new parts. Has anyone strayed from OEM chain and sprockets to after market and what was your experience? Anyone put on different size sprockets from original and what was your experience there? Before I pull the trigger on stock parts I thought I would look at all my options.

Thanks. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday getting out there and killing bugs. I'm taking my young family to the beach for vacation today so I can't mess with my new Nighthawk until I get home. :-(

Warm Regards, Boritch

Back