• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 CB750K

jaggs1278

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am Jagadeesh from India and am building my first CB 750. I have been into rebuilding RDs for a long time but this is my first inline four.

I opened up the engine partially over the week and and had a few questions on where to get these parts from

1. I need standard size rings. I have seen NPR , TKRJ and some reproduction rings on scramblercycle.com. What do you guys recommend? I also found some NOS honda rings but they are way too expensive.

2. Where do you get your gasket kits from? Is versah good?

Thank you

You mean Vesrah, they work fine but some people complain about the valve seals in them not lasting very long.

Honda commonly used NPR (Nippon Piston Ring) rings in their engines OEM, they should work fine.

Thank you AMC49.

If the valves dont have a step in them and are still smooth can we use them as is? I will post pics next week if that helps

You'll probably want to lap those valves back in to their respective seats, hope you haven't mixed them up.

managed to pull out the carbs to clean and looks like i have Kehins. I dismantled them to an extent. How can i separate these carbs? is it advisable to? The slides seems to have been stuck. What is the best way to free them up? I was planning to let them soak in petrol for a few days.

I have cleaned the bowls. jets, floats etc. I also made sure that i kept each carbs parts separately in different boxes.

Soaking them a first step but sometimes fuel products may not loosen up a water based corrosion. Good luck with that, often leads to damage to slides and unuseable parts. Carbs can be separated but waste of time until the slides are gotten loose. On the other hand, may be easier to loosen one slide at a time than four. Separating requires very close attention to detail and know that some things are staked, any staked part needs to be ground at the stake to remove the ding or you tear the parts up removing the bolt/screw/whatever.

Looks like lots of fun eh? Piece of cake for a stepper.

Note that your #2 carb there is the 'base', it has no top adjuster and the others all adjust to it when syncing.

Anything can fit with a saw and a welder and enough time and money, but no they are not a bolt in deal totally different engines.

Back