• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Unique footcontrol placement?

r184120

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Sorry for crude images.
I am thinking about altering where my foot controls are and want everyones thoughts. There is a triangle that hold the passenger pegs. Most people use this placement to put rear controls. That stance is sexy, but crazy uncomfortable. Im thinking about cutting where the triangle meets the frame and simply sliding it down which would lover it and move it forward a bit but still be rear control looking.

Questions:
Has this been done?
Will rearsets still work for this?
Anything I need to know before I pull the trigger… on my grinder.

Thanks in advance.
1.jpg2.jpg

Nothing personal intended whatsoever in what I say next but it is what it is.

Who cares if done before by somebody else, do you need validation of your thoughts? If competently thought out it WILL work, if not, well................you don't even mention the bike model which can make or break you. The issue is way too complex for the way you have described it.

Uh, rearsets are SUPPOSED to be high. FYI, more to the rear and lower can strain your legs more........ankles for sure. Why most move the position forward not rearward.

If you got one where the frame has a hole that backs up that triangle plate for drum brake pedal pivot hole then harder than you think..............if one with a rear master cylinder compound that even more.

I've seen 500 ways to butcher those plates up and MANY work fine and look great but no way can we picture that in our heads in your situation with no pics. Limitations of the net and all that.

Havent played with mine yet but I'm going to put them where I want them on the frame.. use existing mounting points where I can to ensure the linkage is fine etc and build it as necessary..

Why not use existing mounting points and make your own "triangle" out of aluminum (or steel) plate? I've seen many done this way, and while they are not my cup of tea (i.e. modifications just for the sake of modifications, or just to "look cool" at the expense of functionality or comfort), some of the ones I've seen look very well thought out and well executed. You could also drill multiple mounting locations for the pegs using this method and use it to "mock up" your final peg placement if nothing else. This would at least show you where you want the pegs to end up. I would suggest more careful thought, measurements, and drawings before you get out the sawzall. Look at more projects that are based on your make/model/year of bike to try and find something you like, then mock it up to see if it works for you.

Anything can be done, you just have to be honest about your skill set and whether you have the intestinal fortitude to see it through. :wink2:

Back