• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Springer Front Cb750

Althezenman

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1982 Cb750sc with a welded on hardtail (CycleX) and am trying to find a good look for the front suspension. I am a pretty clueless when it comes to most technical considerations of majorly altering the front end. I was wondering if anyone could give me the basics of converting a metric to a harley-type springer? Feel free to speak to me as one would a child. :doh:

THANKS

This is what I have in mind as far as height and general look for the front.

00l0l_6Y0TfzJ8GJI_1200x900.jpg

Not big on springer stuff myself but to each his own. That one picced though? The wheel too close to the rest of bike for me, I predict weird too fast steering and tank slapping easy with bumps. You get more stability stretching tire out front by putting the fork out there a bit more. It's almost straight up and down in that pic.

Yeah, it is a question of what style you like. Personally I like the de-raked look on bobbers and choppers. Unfortunately, a lot of what I like in style takes away from performance. As long as it's safe, I always go with looks over performance.

It looks fine, just thought I'd prick your brain a bit, safety first.

Some day I'll tell a tale of a guy who ran a fuel line inboard of frame rail on a low 9 second clutch automatic drag car, the work looked primo and he wouldn't change it. The end result was pretty bad. This guy had a habit of not thinking things out fully and it cost him more than once.

Back