• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

18 inch rear wheel on 81 750 K ?

18 inch drum spoke rear wheel is standard on a US spec 750K DOHC. Early used 630 chain and switched to 530 later.

DOHC Service manual clearly calls out for a 4.25X18 rear tire in specifications.............I suppose something could be wrong there.

EDIT...............You may well be right, the manual could be wrong there. Went back and checked, it DOES say 18" but going to ebay has several 17'' rims show up and no 18 anywhere I looked.

So manual probably wrong. I know the earlier ones had 18" though, it was the norm on the back for many years. Euro Ks got the Comstar mags, I wonder what size they were now?

Last edited:
is there anyway i can use a cb750f 18" rear wheel and just convert the 18" wheel to use my drum break setup?

After some thought I'd bet the manual specs are for Euro K.

If you have a spoke front and looking to match simply respoke your drum back hub to a 18" rim..........early F spoked wheel would do that but the later mag ones won't.

After some thought I'd bet the manual specs are for Euro K.

If you have a spoke front and looking to match simply respoke your drum back hub to a 18" rim..........early F spoked wheel would do that but the later mag ones won't.

Why cant you do that on the comstars? Pretty sure you can disassemble them.

Back