• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carburetor set up

Wills 750ss

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 1978 CB750 super sport it is not an automatic. I'm cleaning the carbs. and trying to set them up. I noticed when I took the carbs off that I have one fuel line coming to the carb. There is smaller port toward the intake, this was not hooked up to anything. Is this a fuel line also? I have a 1972 CB500 four that has two lines to the carbs. I'll see if I can get my picture to attach. I have the fuel line port marked with a 1, the port in question is marked with a 2 1978 CB750 super sport carbs.1.jpg

Its the bowl vent. Needs to be left open. Should put a short hose on it and route it down so you dont get debris in the bowls.

I just put a short piece of tube on it and point it down, zipped tied to the side of the carb. This way rain cant run down from the top. A filter may cause too much of a restriction causing it not to vent properly under hard accel when you use a lot of fuel causing the bowl to not fill fast enough. Thats why I use short(couple inch) tube.

Back