• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Sandcast CB750 that just sold on ebay

One of these sold in FL last year for close to $100,000 and a 1973 KZ900 for almost $40,000 . I think it was Barrett Jackson . There was a private collection with 40 bikes . Yes you are right that was a older pipe the original pipe has plates on the side can't miss it. I wrote on another tread that i found one of these outside of a barn in upper NJ and i was there for XS650 bike to buy from the guy and he didn't know anything about the bike and i got it cheap and made money on it. There were alot of rusted parts on it but i got big bucks for frame and title. There were alot sold and i bet there are many in salvage yards and nobody ever looks at the numbers. I always look at the numbers when i get a chance to get into bone yards that have bikes.

$100,000! Damn! I wonder how much better the guy would have done with this one if it were restored (with the proper sandcast parts of course)?

Well look at it this way . 5 years ago i started to clean out my Honda dealership because my partner was dieing and i wanted the property to go to his kids. Parts and bikes were mine and the shop was closed since 1981. So i had rows of shelves of parts in original bags and motors /bikes/and wrecks. I held the code 100 stuff till the end and started to sell all the parts on EBAY. I did sell alot of the bikes and parts in bulk but didn't offer the code 100 stuff out yet. I new it would be a big seller but i wanted all the Honda guys to get to see the first stuff then put out the goodies. I put a cam on in the bag went for $700.00 I had Honda factory bolt kits sold them for around $450.00 each kit Now i am not going to go into much detail about money because it was both on EBAY and by contacts but we will say just on EBAY i did over $60,000 and 40% of that was code 100 parts. I had to do a 4 way split with the money because i was taking care of my partner and his wife and kids but i had enought to open DADDYGCYCLES in 2007 in NY and keep it running until i got sick and medical bills / partner put me in bankrupcey. My point is if i had those parts today i could have squeezed $150,000 out of parts and bike. Guys want older bikes. 5 years ago i sold to a guy in CAL a CB750 1976 Automatic with 660 miles and never titled for $4500.00 CB750 are my first LOVE and i am planing to build a trike and a chop in the next two years . I kick myself in the ass everyday not to have kept some bikes.....

Tell me about it. Sounds like the exact same deal for me. With another guy we bougt and sold over 200 Cb750s. He never understood why i kept mine. it was all a house payment to him. but now i have a 71, 2 72s, 2 74s, a 76, and an 80. and they all run, except the 76.

Back