• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Jet Needle & Needle Jet HELP

docwhtevr

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my carbs on a '74 cb750K and the throttle slide only sits halfway down the body (shown in pictures). It seems to me that the actual needle is too big for the jet, because there are no hangups in the body that I can see that are preventing the slide from moving down. I've been looking all online but I can't find needle sizes anywhere.

Any ideas before I buy a rebuild kit?

Thanks image2.jpgimage1.jpg

What have you changed since before you worked on them? So you disassembled them and now they dont go together? The needle should float slightly in the slide, if it is tight and off center it will bind. It has to something simple, if it started this since you worked on them then it is self inflicted and take out what ever parts that you put in and try again. These are very simple so take a good look at what you did. do you have the slide turned just a little bit not letting it go into the index pin?

Remove needle completely and see if slide goes all the way down then. You can't get pic #2 unless you are already in pin or pin is missing.

Back