• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Blinker issues

rhodzy5

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello friends, I am new to the whole motorcycle community, I just recently bought a 81 Honda CB750k, and started to do some converting to a cafe racer. Long story short, I replaced the stock blinkers with aftermarket blinkers. Switched to minibulbs and made sure to get 12v 23w incandescent bulbs as the stock ones are. I made sure to mark the wires and made sure I had the polarity right when installing, yet it is not blinking properly. When key is turned on:
all 4 blinkers and gauge turn indicators are lit.
When switched to left turn: Right front signal blinks, left front off and both rears blink while both gauge turns blink.
When switched to right: the opposite occurs, right front off, left front and both rears blink as well as gauge lights.
I also switched to an led tail light. I have a very basic understanding of electronics and a multimeter. Any ideas of what I have done wrong? I'm wondering if I got the front blinkers switched up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did it work right before you "replaced the stock blinkers"?

It sounds like the rear blinkers are wired up wrong. Your feeding tail lamp juice back into the blinker circuit.

Why are you marking wires, they should be color coded coming from the bike?

Orange = Left blinker

Sky Blue = Right blinker.

Blue / White stripe = Front Marker (only on when headlamp is on)

Dark Green = Ground

Green/Yellow = Stop lamp

Brown = Tail lamp

Back